I’m participating in the LetsBeWild.com Wild Weekly Photo Challenge! This week’s challenge is: Fall. Wish me luck!

There isn’t a lot of fall foliage in San Diego but sumac trees are a treat to spot. Their leaves display various shades of yellow, orange and red and the tree also features grapes of crimson red seeds in between the leaves.

Click on any photo below to see a larger image.

Weekly photo challenge: Fall - a sumac's colorful fall foliage

And more sumac!

Weekly photo challenge: Fall - a sumac's colorful fall foliage

Weekly photo challenge: Fall – a sumac’s colorful fall foliage

About these ads

About mpejovic

Such a great contrast with that blue sky.

Thanks! I saw blue sky like that yesterday and I thought about you. You could look one way and see bright deep blue sky and turn around and see washed out blue almost grey sky. It all depends which way you look at it!

• Carrie Rubin says:

Knowing me, I would have seen the grey… ;)

Haha, oooohhh, so sad… Well, you’d love today then. I’m enjoying huge puffy clouds ranging from bright white to dark grey, they’re beautiful! We’re getting a few showers today and I keep looking for a rainbow since it’s always very sunny. No luck so far. And if you’d listened to the news yesterday, you’d think we’d be getting a giant rainstorm, so this is a joke. Here’s my post on Facebook about today’s weather: “Only in Southern California can people see 3 raindrops fall and call it a rainstorm.”

2. adventuretraveleditor says:

Beautiful! A great entry!

3. Brilliant colours! Wonderfully blue skye too. I wish more days like that!

4. the images are beautiful and very appropriate!
    living in ecuador, i am stumped for a ‘fall’ post! i’ll find something…. z

Thanks for stopping by! I think you’ll have to expand your horizons or find a photo from “your” fall season. Living in San Diego makes it a challenge to find colorful foliage, so you have to really look around to find something like sumac. It has to be the most colorful tree in town.