Remember you have only two days left to enter my contest to win a free copy of my 2013 photo calendar!

There’s nothing more delicate than life. Life of a person, life of an animal, life of a plant. Life comes and goes, sometimes unexpectedly. It’s been a tragic week for America, especially so close to Christmas. Children are the most delicate kind of human beings, and yet they can be so resilient.

I’ll stick to photos of nature today to illustrate the WordPress weekly photo challenge theme, delicate. Make sure you click on each image if you’d like to see a larger version of it.

I recently took photos of raindrops on spider webs on two separate occasions. One-finger touch and both the spider web and the raindrops can be gone. You can view more of these spider webs here.

WordPress weekly photo challenge: Delicate raindrops on spider webs

WordPress weekly photo challenge: Delicate raindrops on spider webs

And you can view more of the spider webs below here and here.

WordPress weekly photo challenge: Delicate raindrops on spider webs over river rocks

And here are a few photos of flowers, which are a very delicate part of nature. I have no idea what this flower is called but I love the fuzziness all over its petals.

WordPress weekly photo challenge: Delicate, fuzzy petals of a tropical flower

WordPress weekly photo challenge: Delicate, fuzzy petals of a tropical flower

The flower below might be a hibiscus but I’m not sure (I’m terrible at flower names). I just love the pollen on top of the stigma, and the delicate petals and their delicate color.

WordPress weekly photo challenge: Delicate petals of a hibiscus

WordPress weekly photo challenge: Delicate petals of a hibiscus

1. adinparadise says:

Really beautiful photos for the challenge. 🙂 I love that first one.

Wow, that last one is really gorgeous (well, they all are, but that last one really popped out at me 🙂 ). I’ve always loved shades of purple.

3. Peter S says:

The spider web over the river rocks one is amazing! that must have been a difficult one to photograph! (The flower does look like a hibiscus!)

It was challenging to photograph because I didn’t want my reflection to show up in every raindrop but the cloudy skies helped with that.
      Thanks for confirming it’s a hibiscus. I have several other photos of hibiscus (beautiful colors) so I need to create a few posts with them.

4. irodger says:

Beautiful pictures, that spider is very busy. Had a look at some of your topics, sky pictures are stunning and I like the Tiger Butterfly. Ian.

That spider was very busy, considering I had about a dozen of those webs in my yard. I’m thinking she had a little help. 😉
      Thanks for stopping by, Ian and liking my photos. Come back anytime!

5. Lovely photos, especially the first two.

6. […] If you participate in the WordPress weekly photo challenge and you would like to see my contribution to this week’s theme Delicate, hop on to my photography website. […]