A few weeks ago, I gave you a glimpse of the Baccharis Sarothroides bush when I took part in a photo challenge on texture. Today, I wanted to share a few more of the photos I took that day in November while walking through Mission Trails regional park in San Diego County.

The Baccharis bush is very large and tall (probably 7 to 8 feet both ways). Besides its significant size, it doesn’t really stand out, except when it blooms, apparently in late fall. Even though the blooms of the Baccharis Sarothroides bush are not specifically colorful, they’re very numerous and fluffy, and that’s what got my attention.

Click on any image to view the slideshow. To see a larger view of my Baccharis bush photos, scroll down while in slideshow mode and click on “view full size”.

I hope these blooms don’t make you sneeze!

Sneezing was my first thought with those! But the pictures are lovely, and there’s that gorgeous blue sky again. 🙂

You should have seen the blue sky this morning, it was beautiful! I got some new shots at the same park, different area. Can’t wait to share in upcoming posts.

• Carrie Rubin says:

Nothing but gray skies in my neck of the woods. And white grounds. But I know you’d find beauty in it, anyway. 🙂

Not much in gray skies because it usually makes all the colors around very dull. We had rain 2 days out of 3 for the holidays and I couldn’t take a decent photo until today.

• Carrie Rubin says:

Yeah, gray might be the bleakest color. Black and white can each be beautiful. But gray? Not so much. Then again, there’s always Anderson Cooper, I guess…

And of course, he has to be gay. So not fair… Here’s to a man who will age well, going back to our discussion on your blog. I can’t say he’s old because he’s only a few years older than me. 🙂