This week’s Cee’s Fun Foto Challenge theme is steps or stairs. I only have one photo to share for this theme, but when I saw these beautiful steps a couple of weeks ago, I knew they deserved their own photo post.

I found these amazing stone steps at Dos Picos County Park in Ramona, California, while hiking on a trail at the back of the park. In the spring, Dos Picos Park is simply beautiful. The grass that grows there is quite particular. It’s very fine, very tall, very soft, and very… green! Believe me, living in San Diego, you don’t get to see grass this green very often.

Between the many coast live oaks, the blooming lilacs (you can see photos of those lilacs here and here), and greener than green grass, sometimes I feel like I’ve stepped into some type of fairyland. And that’s why I think these stone steps fit perfectly with the fairyland theme. What do you think?

Cee's Fun Foto Challenge: Stone steps or stairs

Cee’s Fun Foto Challenge: Stone steps or stairs

1. Cee Neuner says:

I love your steps. Wonderful!!

2. As you stated on Cee’s page,l it is a magical photo.

3. eastwitching says:

I like these stepping stones into nature – the strong shadows show the heat!

It was warm but not too hot, perfect weather for a hike after lunch. I definitely avoid hiking in full sun in the summer. It gets way too hot in Southern California for that.

• eastwitching says:

I bet! I don’t do well in heat especially if it is humid too. Dry heat is better but overall I prefer breezy and coolish:)

We enjoy a few months of the cool breeze and I’ll take those over the unbearable heat of the summer! But I hate the snow and I don’t have to see any of it here if I don’t want to, so I can’t complain too much. 🙂

4. Catherine Johnson says:

Oh wonderful! Fairyland for sure!

5. pamasaurus says:

I love this photo. I wish I wasn’t on the east coast because I want to climb these stairs so much. They must go somewhere really amazing, right?

The path follows the side of the hill and is bordered with many trees, most of them Ramona lilacs. They were in bloom that day and the sight was just beautiful. I still have to create a post with those photos, so stop by soon or subscribe to get the update when they get published. Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment!

6. adinparadise says: