I’m participating in the WordPress weekly photo challenge and this week’s theme is up. You can notice quite a lot when you look up, and here are just a few things I captured on camera. Remember you can click on each photo for a larger view.

A dog in the sky

WordPress weekly photo challenge: Up – Clouds in the shape of a dog

WordPress weekly photo challenge: Up – Clouds in the shape of a dog

A red-tailed hawk in a sycamore tree

WordPress weekly photo challenge: Up – Red-tailed hawk in a tree

WordPress weekly photo challenge: Up – Red-tailed hawk in a tree

The moon rising in the broad daylight of the afternoon

WordPress weekly photo challenge: Up - Moon rising during the day

WordPress weekly photo challenge: Up – Moon rising during the day

The highest mountain peak around

WordPress weekly photo challenge: Up –  the mountains of Idyllwild, California

WordPress weekly photo challenge: Up – the mountains of Idyllwild, California

The many branches of a tall pine tree

WordPress weekly photo challenge: Up - Looking up a pine tree

WordPress weekly photo challenge: Up – Looking up a pine tree

Or the sun shining through the poplar leaves in the fall

WordPress weekly photo challenge: Up - Yellow poplar leaves in the fall

WordPress weekly photo challenge: Up – Yellow poplar leaves in the fall

What’s up?

There’s that vividly blue sky again. And I love the tall pine tree. Great angle!

2. Lovely pictures. I like the one of the hawk best because I love looking for hawks while driving. They’re everywhere but easiest to spot in winter without competing colors and foliage. Years ago when we still had a bird feeder, a hawk decided it was the perfect fast food location and set up shop for a couple of days. I didn’t see any birds with birdbrains enough to get caught, though, but I enjoyed watching him/her so closely.

janet

Thank you! This one was all the way up the tree and not hidden in the middle of it.

I saw a hawk snatching a pigeon once so I bet your birds knew to stay away. They’re not called birds of prey for nothing!

3. char says:

Yea! I love UP pictures. Yours are great. My favorites are the cool tree and the poplar leaves.

Thank you! I usually look down, very low to the ground to capture nature up close (haha, “up” when I’m down!) so this was a photo theme that made me think a bit.

4. That really does look like a dog!

5. fgassette says:

Thank you for visiting my blog today. I appreciate the time you took to stop by. May your day be filled with joy and peace.
    BE ENCOURAGED! BE BLESSED!

6. nrhatch says:

Great shots . . . love the “dog” cloud.

Wonderful gallery for the up! The tree looks majestic.

8. Amar Naik says:

lovely pics

I love that dog cloud! The blue sky in all of these is amazing. Love those yellow leaves too.

Thank you! We’re lucky to have that beautiful sky many months in the year (except the hot summer months). It makes for a nice uniform, contrasting background.