Today I’m taking part in Ese’s Weekly Shoot & Quote Challenge. This week’s theme is “vibrations”. If you like what you see, I encourage you to subscribe so you can enjoy the new photos I post a few times a week.

Good Vibrations is one of my favorite song by the Beach Boys. My favorite vibrations when I take photos are the ones in the water, and definitely not the ones caused by my shaky body when I’m shooting close-ups! I love the way wavy vibrations can affect the reflections of what’s on or next to the water. When I look at famous painting by the masters, I can see they were fascinated by those vibrations too. Water really is a great venue to shoot around.

Here are two shots of a great egret I had the opportunity to photograph this weekend. On the first photo, the water wasn’t very wavy but as the egret went on, the water’s vibrations increased, creating an interesting reflection in the water. It looks like that poor egret got his neck quite twisted there!

Ese’s Weekly Shoot & Quote Challenge – Vibrations - great egret reflecting in the water

Ese’s Weekly Shoot & Quote Challenge – Vibrations – great egret reflecting in the water

White great egret with his reflection in the water

White great egret with his reflection in the water

I think that egret is saying, “Dang, I look good!”

2. Cee Neuner says:

I am participating in the 2013 Capture the Color contest and have to nominate five bloggers to participate and I’ve nominated you. You don’t have to accept the challenge but, since you love challenges, this might be fun for you. And there are prizes for the winners… I will be posting my entry tomorrow and you can read more about the contest then.
    Here is a link to my entry. http://www.ceephotography.com/2013/10/07/7891/

Wow, thank you for thinking of me! I see the contest ends October 9 in the UK, so I’ll have to do it tomorrow or not at all. I’ll see if I can squeeze it in my day.

3. soonie2 says:

Yes, that egret sure looks pretty proud strutting his stuff! I love the reflections, especially in the 2nd one!

He almost turned into a question mark or an exclamation point there. I saw one in a marsh the other day and took a picture but couldn’t get this close. They have such a delicate beauty.

5. Ese' s Voice says:

Beautiful vibrations of nature, Milka! And I am already humming the Beach Boys “GV”… 🙂
    Thank you very much for being a part of the challenge.