Today I’m participating in Floral Friday Fotos. Remember you can click on the photo below to see them in a larger format.

If you enjoy my images, I encourage you to subscribe and receive updates when I post new photos, usually 3 to 5 times a week.

If you need a little splash of color today, I have just the thing for you – a bright yellow sunflower I photographed at a local pumpkin patch earlier this week.

Floral Friday Fotos: bright yellow sunflower

Floral Friday Fotos: bright yellow sunflower

I love how the center of the sunflower expands as the sunflower seeds grow inside of it.

Center of a sunflower

Center of a sunflower

It’s amazing how large the center grows as the seeds develop.

Seeds growing inside a sunflower

Seeds growing inside a sunflower

1. Alison says:

Lovely! A good sunflower photo like your just makes you want to smile. They are such “happy” flowers. Really nice detail!

The clarity of the seeds is amazing!

3. Cee Neuner says:

Stunningly beautiful!

I still don’t really understand what fractals are, but that last image almost looks like one. 🙂

I think you’re right, especially when you realize that the sunflower keeps growing from its very middle as the sunflower seeds appear from the outer part to the inner part.

5. Nice subject matter, nice shots 🙂

Gorgeous sunflowers!

7. Tina Schell says:

How fun that it was in the pumpkin patch Milka! Will we see the pumpkins soon?!