Today I’m participating in the WordPress weekly photo challenge and this week’s theme is “the hue of you”. You can click on the photos below for a larger view.

If you like what you see, feel free to subscribe and receive nature photography updates a few times a week.

I love anything colorful and I enjoy most colors out there, but I know that pink, purple and blue tend to be my favorite. I love wearing these colors and I enjoy spotting them in nature as well. Here are a few of my favorite colors that make me happy every time Mother Nature uses them on her color palette.

This has to be my most favorite color to find in nature: magenta. It really says, I’m happy!

Wordpress weekly photo challenge: the hue of you -  lampranthus productus iceplant

WordPress weekly photo challenge: the hue of you – lampranthus productus iceplant

Magenta and purple together look very pretty too.

Close-up of pink manuka flowers

Close-up of pink manuka flowers

Who can argue that all shades of purple look beautiful?

The hue of you - purple wildflowers

The hue of you – purple wildflowers

The hue of you: purple flower looks like fireworks

The hue of you: purple flower looks like fireworks

And fuchsia is nature’s burst of laughter, as in this pink water lily.

Pink water lily

Pink water lily

1. Cee Neuner says:

Beautifully captured!

2. I agree these colors are beautifully captured here. The fuchsia is my favorite here. 🙂

3. mithriluna says:

My favorite colors too! Gorgeous images!

4. This is my first visit to your photo blog. All this while, I was busy following all the cute things your little boys said 🙂 These pictures are truly beautiful – the second one looks like a water color – each petal looks like a drop of pink and tiny dot of purple was placed in the middle and spread outwards to shade off into white… Loved the firework too.

If this WordPress Challenge is a competition, Good Luck!

Thank you very much! I love those manuka flowers, they look almost surreal. This WordPress challenge happens weekly. It’s not a contest but it provides a theme and asks people to contribute photos to go with it. It can be a lot of fun!

5. chrisstov says:

A beautiful display.

Very happy colors! I love the bursts of purple. It’s always amazing to suddenly come across colors like that and they’ll always cause a smile.

7. BeWithUs says: