Today I’m taking part in the Macro Monday photo challenge. You can click on each photo for a larger view.

If you like what you see, I encourage you to subscribe so you can enjoy the new photos I post a few times a week.

Sometimes I don’t have to go too far to enjoy the beauty that nature has to offer. Here are a few close-ups of the morning dew on the petals of a white rose in my garden, taken from a few different angles.

Macro Monday: morning dew on a white rose

Macro Monday: morning dew on a white rose

Morning dew drops on a white rose

Morning dew drops on a white rose

Dew drops on rose petals

Dew drops on rose petals

I love the dew drops on the petals of this beautiful rose.

Dew drops on rose petals are so beautiful!

3. Dreamy, creamy white rose – very lovely. I especially like the second image with those dew pearls patterning the rose petals.

Thank you very much. I’ve captured water drops on rose petals before but I think the light that day and the white petals made these photos a little different.

Oh, wow, that top photo may have just become my favorite of yours (though I do love the lemons and oranges!) I would love to see that one on a calendar. 🙂

By the way, I just started reading ‘Nurture Shock.’ Thanks for the recommendation. The first 20 pages alone have wowed me (on the research about how detrimental telling a child he/she is smart can be rather than telling them they work hard, putting the emphasis on effort instead). Very interesting.

Oh, I was thinking of including that one on a flower calendar. I still have to list some selections together, so thanks for the recommendation.

You’re welcome about Nurture Shock. There’s a lot of research and information data in that book that would be useful for many parents out there, and a better use of their reading time than some parenting books. I hope you like the rest of the book as well!

5. So beautifully bejeweled with water droplets… these are gorgeous!

6. bettyl says:

So pretty! Love the little sparkly drops.

7. Steve Rebus says: