Today I’m participating in Floral Friday Fotos. Remember you can click on the photo below to see them in a larger format.

If you enjoy my images, I encourage you to subscribe and receive updates when I post new photos, usually 3 to 5 times a week.

I love asters because they seem so easy to grow and maintain, they just pop up in every public place. And what’s not to like about them? They’re not too big, not to small, and very colorful. To me, a bed of asters is always shouting, we’re happy today and you should be too!

Asters come in a variety of colors but my favorite is purple. Here’s a dark purple aster flower, followed by a light purple aster. Both flowers show leftover raindrops on their petals from the morning’s watering, a lovely touch left for me to capture on camera.

Floral Friday Fotos: dark purple aster flower with raindrops

Floral Friday Fotos: dark purple aster flower with raindrops

Floral Friday Fotos: light purple aster flower with raindrops

Floral Friday Fotos: light purple aster flower with raindrops

1. RW & SK says:

Lovely is your photos.
    Greetings, RW & SK

2. Radiant purples beautifully touched with droplets.

3. chrisstov says:

I can see why your favourite aster is purple. Beautiful!

These are gorgeous! I think they might rank among my favorites of yours. 🙂

5. lindyloumac says:

Calling by from Floral Friday Foto, what a lovely contribution.

6. pamasaurus says:

Those colors are breathtaking.

7. adinparadise says:

Gorgeous flowers, Milka.I love the colours. 🙂

Wonderful! I love the small drops on the petals.

9. […] Purple asters with raindrops […]

10. that dark purple aster is strikingly beautiful. This must be a large garden aster? Where I live, we have wild purple asters that are much tinier but make up for their individual small size by their large numbers – often huge bunches of them coloring a field.

It’s probably 2 inches in diameter, so yes, it’s pretty big. They usually come in large patches of them but these few are remnants for this year’s blooms. I can’t wait till next spring when they start popping out again!

11. Tina Schell says:

Lovely asters Milka! Did you spray them? The dew drops are wonderful!