Remember my 2014 nature photography calendars (choose between five different themes) are still available for sale. Look in the left sidebar on my website for the most up-to-date discount coupon code. All calendars are made to order in the USA so you support the US economy with your purchase, and a starving artist (me!). I also appreciate any referral through Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and of course your blog or website.

Today I’m taking part in the Macro Monday photo challenge. You can click on each photo for a larger view.

If you like what you see, I encourage you to subscribe so you can enjoy the new photos I post a few times a week.

I spotted these yellow orange Gazania blooms while walking around town this weekend. Originally from South Africa, these daisy like flowers are drought tolerant, which make them a great choice for ground cover in San Diego. They’re not supposed to bloom until spring, but the weather here has been so dry and warm, these flowers are blooming now, in January. There’s something really wrong with that, but it was great to see these bold colors popping out of the ground. Enjoy!

Macro Monday: yellow orange Gazania flowers

Macro Monday: yellow orange Gazania flowers

Close-up of a yellow orange Ganzania bloom

Close-up of a yellow orange Ganzania bloom

Close-up of a yellow orange Ganzania bloom

Close-up of a yellow orange Ganzania bloom

1. Spectacular flowers – daisies on steroids!

2. Such pretty sunny colors!

Very pretty! I love the colours.

4. Stewart M says:

Great colours (colors?) – these picture have a real punch.

Cheers – Stewart M – Melbourne

5. BLOGitse says:

I looooove these! Beautiful, strong, sharp, fragile….colors are the best!

“the weather here has been so dry and warm”—Funny, we don’t seem to have that problem in Ohio. 😉

I know, it sounds good but it’s terrible. This is our 5th year of drought. We just don’t get any rain and are under a red flag warning for wildfires, something that’s not supposed to happen during the “rainy” season. I’ve been here for 15 years and the landscape dries up so much every year, it’s getting to look really ugly.

7. soonie2 says:

Gorgeous blooms! Thanks for brightening my Monday!

8. Christian says: