Today I’m taking part in the Macro Monday photo challenge. You can click on each photo for a larger view.

If you like what you see, I encourage you to subscribe so you can enjoy the new photos I post a few times a week.

Some of the snapdragons I planted in the fall seem to have finally recovered from the cold December frost and are blooming again. I never noticed how fuzzy snapdragons can be. Here are a few pictures of pink snapdragons, either in full bloom or in bud form, featuring a good amount of fuzz on each picture. It almost looks like a fuzzy blanket to keep the flowers warm.

Macro Monday: pink snapdragon flower

Macro Monday: pink snapdragon flower

Pink snapdragon flower buds with fuzz

Pink snapdragon flower buds with fuzz

Pink snapdragon flower fuzzy buds

Pink snapdragon flower fuzzy buds

Close-up of a pink snapdragon flower

Close-up of a pink snapdragon flower

So pretty. I’m wondering if the lack of rain out there has had an impact on your garden?

Depending on how sunny and warm/hot it gets, I have to water every day to only a couple of days a week. I have artificial grass so I only have to water the plants and produce I try to grow. Stuff in the greenhouse doesn’t need as much watering because a lot of the moisture stays inside, so that’s a good thing. I just have to make sure I don’t let things bake in the summer heat in there.

2. lindyloumac says:

Really beautiful macros.

I love the fuzz! It adds to the delicate look of the flower.

Snapdragons are special, and they are easy to grow. Beautiful capture!

5. Pat says:

Lovely close-ups of these pretty flowers.