I’m participating in the online adventure travel magazine LetsBeWild.com’s Wild Weekly Photo Challenge for bloggers. This week’s Challenge is: Macro Photography! Remember you can click on each photo to view a larger size.

The funny thing is, Let’s Be Wild used a dragonfly to illustrate this week’s challenge theme. Hey, wait, I’ve got one of those too!

Let’s Be Wild Weekly Photo Challenge – Macro - blue dragonfly

Let’s Be Wild Weekly Photo Challenge – Macro – blue dragonfly

And to continue with insects, I’ve got bees too.

Let’s Be Wild Weekly Photo Challenge – Macro - bee on a wild rose

Let’s Be Wild Weekly Photo Challenge – Macro – bee on a wild rose

I also love taking close-ups of flowers, in the case below a yellow lilium.

Let’s Be Wild Weekly Photo Challenge – Macro - yellow lilium

Let’s Be Wild Weekly Photo Challenge – Macro – yellow lilium

And finally a beautiful hibiscus, showing off his pistil and stamens.

Let’s Be Wild Weekly Photo Challenge – Macro - hibiscus pistil and stamens

Let’s Be Wild Weekly Photo Challenge – Macro – hibiscus pistil and stamens

1. adinparadise says:

Love your photos. I couldn’t open the first one to make it bigger. 😦

Fabulous as always. I really like these close-ups, and my sister loved the butterfly close-up on the calendar.

3. that first one is a stunner! great work! z

4. Jennay says:

All of these photos are just GORGEOUS!! Glad you are a participant!! =)

I’m glad you like them, Jennay! I almost missed the deadline, as I forgot about the post until late last night. It would have been too bad since I focus mostly on close-up photography.

• Jennay says:

It would have been a shame for you to miss out….they are perfect for this challenge! I’m glad you made it in time! Looking forward to following your blog!

5. DELLILAH says:

Love the pictures.. Flowers are so hard to resist and you have done a great job . x

6. […] year I posted my first (and only) photo of a blue dragonfly. I felt it was beginner’s luck and now I know it really was. Have you ever watched […]