It’s been quite an eventful year for me but besides the bad and the ugly, lots of good things have happened, including the launch of this photography website, and the launch of my online Zazzle store to sell photo products.

I took a lot of great photos this year and I displayed some of them on this site. I still have quite a number of photos to go through on my various SD cards but are several of my favorite photos for 2012. You can click on each photo for a larger view and find each photo in individual posts on this site by using the search tool. Enjoy and let me know what you think!

1. […] actually have two sets of photos to share. The first one, I created on my photography website, so hop on over to view some of my favorite photos I took in 2012. I promise you won’t be […]

You must have a pretty elaborate online filing system to keep track of all your gorgeous photos. I would think things could get pretty messy if you didn’t. 🙂

Yes, it’s called WordPress! 😉 Have you ever tried to use their gallery feature? I really like their new media filing system, where you can see large thumbnails of each image you have stored on their server. It’s easy to go through photos and pick. It’s a different story on my computer, but I try to sort photos by theme, and then the non-edited vs the edited ones. I need to save the original photos to some outside storage though, because they’re starting to use a lot of space on my laptop.

• Carrie Rubin says:

Yes, I imagine you need something like Dropbox. WordPress’s gallery feature is nice, but I really need to thin out my media library. So many images I’ll never use again. But I always find better things to do with my time, so it never gets done.

Be careful though. If you remove the images from your library, they’ll be gone from the posts you used them on. Dropbox or some other cloud storage system would be a good idea. I have to check if I can store something from my Google account, but I’m also weary about storing copyrighted images in the clouds…

• Carrie Rubin says:

Oh my, thank you. I didn’t realize that if I deleted an image it would disappear from my post. Makes sense. Duh, Carrie. What would I do without you? I wouldn’t have had your coasters for Christmas morning that’s for sure. My husband spilled his coffee on the lemon one when we were opening presents. I made him clean it up. I told him, “You just spilled on Milka!”

Haha, poor guy! Well, these coasters are really from me then, because I spill stuff all the time.

As long as you have plenty of space on WordPress, you don’t need to delete anything. The key is to upload files at the lower resolution/size you can bear, to save some space. But I bet with the images you upload, you have tons of storage space available still.

3. Ruth Bailey says:

Beautiful shots! The one with the moon rising is spectacular, almost surreal.

Thank you! It’s been a fun exercise to go through a few months of photos to pick these few. I’m looking forward to another year of great photo opportunities!

4. My favourite is the rain one. Simply beautiful.

5. eof737 says:

Your photos are beautiful… 😉

6. char says:

Gorgeous photos to showcase your year. They make me smile.

Thank you! It’s definitely been a huge accomplishment for me to launch this website this year, so I’m looking forward to taking more photos and posting them next year.

7. Lovely photos which I’ve really enjoyed seeing. Thanks for posting!

8. BobR says: