Today I’m taking part in the Macro Monday photo challenge. If you like what you see, I encourage you to subscribe so you can enjoy the new photos I post a few times a week.

A couple of weeks ago, I shared a few photos of pine tree sap from up close. Here are a few more photos to add to the collection. I hope you enjoy them.

Macro Monday: pine tree sap

Macro Monday: pine tree sap

Macro Monday: colorful pine tree sap

Macro Monday: colorful pine tree sap

Drops of pine tree sap

Drops of pine tree sap

Those shots are amazing, but I won’t tell you what that dripping sap reminds me of. The side effect of having teenage boys… 😉

Haha, I’ll let you keep those thoughts to yourself! One thing I can tell you is, that sap is a burial site for insects. You wouldn’t believe the number of ants and spiders permanently trapped in there. If it weren’t so sticky, I’d surround my house with it.

Beautiful shots!

3. Pat says:

Cool captures.

Incredible shots!

5. jay53 says:

I LOVE them! And I love the lighting, too. You’ve encouraged me to go to some pine woods and try for myself!

Thank you! I’ve never paid close attention to tree sap before but it can form some very neat shapes and crystals. The challenge is to find some sap that doesn’t contain tons of insects stuck in it.