Today I’m taking part in the Macro Monday photo challenge. You can click on each photo for a larger view.

If you like what you see, I encourage you to subscribe so you can enjoy the new photos I post a few times a week.

I love the look of pink grass, with its long hairy stems and its bright colors. I’ve featured pink grass before but today I wanted to show you a few close-ups. Here’s what decorative pink grass (and not pink) looks like as a whole. This is technically called Pennisetum setaceum ‘Fireworks’ (Variegated Purple Fountain Grass).

Macro Monday: pink grass

Macro Monday: pink grass

And here it is closer. Best use I’ve found for it? Tickling people’s necks. Works every time.

Macro Monday: close-up of pink grass

Macro Monday: close-up of pink grass

Hairy pink grass seeds

Hairy pink grass seeds

Pink grass seeds

Pink grass seeds

1. Catherine Johnson says:

Beautiful!

The pink grass is pretty, but I bet rolling in it would leave a pretty pink rash, too!

Very beautiful images!

4. Karen says:

Looks like silk-very pretty.

5. jay53 says:

What interesting looking grass. I don’t think we have any quite like that. It does look as if it would get tangled in dog fur though.

Public places use this type of decorative grass a lot. I guess it’s pretty drought resistant, which is convenient for San Diego weather. You have to pull on it pretty hard for the seeds to come off, until they’re coming off on their own. It’s just pleasant to gently touch and their swaying in the breeze is lovely.

6. What an unusual color, I haven’t seen it this far north. We do have some reddish brown shades but not that pink.

Very pretty grasses!

8. magicalmysticalteacher says:

Thank you for your contribution to Macro Monday 2!

Macro Blossoms