Floral Friday Fotos: Pink water lilies and lily padsHey, I need your input on my 2014 photo calendar.  Sorry if you were expecting to choose from some photos today, I haven’t reached this point yet. I do have a lot of photos picked already, and that is I how reached this dilemma.

Now that I have my photos sorted, I clearly see that choosing 12 of them to make one calendar will be very difficult. But I do see a few themes popping out, so I’m entertaining the idea of not creating a single 2014 nature photo calendar, but actually several.

Here are the calendar themes I’m thinking about:

One calendar with a water theme (oceans, rivers, dew drops, rain drops, and even frost)
One calendar with animals, including insects  (e.g. bees, butterflies, bugs), birds and mammals (probably no reptiles)
One calendar with flowers (cultivated, wild, roses, water lilies)
One calendar with water lilies only
One calendar with trees (including tree blooms, berries and fruit) and plants
One calendar with a broad nature theme, encompassing photos from the themes I mentioned above, as well as landscapes and skies. I might make two different calendars with this generic theme.

All these calendars will have one theme in common: all featured photos are taken in Southern California, as I want to show people the many wonderful displays of nature in this area.

So what do you think?
Too many calendars?
Too confusing?
A great way to target people’s individual tastes?
An opportunity to sell more calendars by offering more choices?
What would be your favorite?

I welcome your valuable input in helping me create beautiful calendars that people worldwide will be able to enjoy year round. Thank you for leaving your comments!

That’s a great idea but it sounds like a lot of work! I can think of certain people who would lean more toward the water theme or flowers or animals or trees so it would be perfect for gift ideas. You could maybe even see if different nature organizations would be interested.

It does sound like a lot of work but I’m thinking it would be mostly for the first year, and then I can create new calendars every year with those photos, while adding new ones. So the initial investment is big but it could make things easier down the road.

Maybe you can combine the water lilies with the flower-themed one? They all sound like great ideas. I think I’d especially be interested in the water-themed one and the broad nature theme. Then again, I probably wouldn’t be sure until I saw them. But I don’t think it’s too many choices. People choose from many different types of calendars every year. 🙂

I did think about putting the water lilies in the flower calendar and I’ll probably use one in there. I’m just thinking some people (myself included) really like water lilies and I have some interesting colors to display. I’ll put a post together with them and we can all decide. 🙂

3. I like the idea of a water theme too, then you can use a good variety of your great photos. 🙂

4. Cee Neuner says:

Your photography is fabulous enough to make a bunch of calendars. I would say go with it.

5. chrisstov says:

All of them sound equally lovely, but if I could only have one choice I think I would choose the water theme.

I agree with Cee, you can easily make a bunch of beautiful calendars!

7. char says:

I personally love the different calendar themes. Then people can get exactly what they love, or buy several for different rooms in their homes.

8. Sometimes, things are overlooked because there’s just too much choice. I feel that way about TV – don’t watch as much as I used to because there’s too much to choose from.

Is this your first calendar? If so, I would go with one this year, two next year, and so on. Build it up.

9. drummermama says:

I love the idea of a water-themed calendar and the all-water lilies calendar! All your pics are beautiful though!