Today I’m participating in the WordPress weekly photo challenge and this week’s theme is “juxtaposition”. Remember you can click on each photo for a larger view. If you like what you see, feel free to subscribe and receive nature photography updates a few times a week.

I took this first photo with my cell phone camera after my kids pointed out that the water puddle was in the shape of the United States. It’s not until I opened the image on my computer that I realized the water puddle even has the red, white and blue colors of the USA. I love the way it looks and I wish I had had my good camera with me at the time.

Wordpress weekly photo challenge: Juxtaposition of red, white and blue on a water puddle the shape of the USA

WordPress weekly photo challenge: Juxtaposition of red, white and blue on a water puddle the shape of the USA

I’ve shared this other photo on my blog before but I think it fits the theme of juxtaposition perfectly. This is a photo of my car roof covered in water droplets with the blue sky and white clouds reflecting into it. Once again I only had my cell phone camera to capture the image but hey, that’s the magic of Photoshop.

Blue sky and white clouds reflecting on car roof with raindrops

Blue sky and white clouds reflecting on car roof with raindrops

I hope you enjoyed my selections for this interesting theme.

I think that water puddle shot is a once-in-a-lifetime shot. Pretty cool!

2. That water puddle is pretty cool – and you’ve raised observant kids!

How cool! Great capture!

4. Jane Lurie says:

These images are wonderful. The art of seeing in action.

5. Tina Schell says:

Milka, that US in the water is amazing – you have great kids!! Can I borrow them ? 🙂
    Great response.

They’re great at spotting very interesting subjects when we’re out and about. Being a lot shorter than me sure gives them a different perspective on their surroundings.

That’s so cool – it really is in the shape of the US! I love seeing the world through your kids eyes.

Their minds are so open they can see something else in almost anything. We have a lot of fun looking for cloud shapes on the few days a year we get puffy clouds.