Today I’m taking part in the Macro Monday photo challenge. You can click on each photo for a larger view.

If you like what you see, I encourage you to subscribe so you can enjoy the new photos I post a few times a week.

I photographed these flowers earlier today while walking around San Diego’s Balboa Park. They grow on a small bush and the bees seemed very happy to find these blooms in early February. I couldn’t resist taking a few pictures of them, even though I have no idea what these light purple flowers are. If you know, please enlighten me in the comments!

Light purple flowers with red and yellow stamen

Light purple flowers with red and yellow stamen

Macro Monday: light purple flowers

Macro Monday: light purple flowers

Bush with small light purple flowers

Bush with small light purple flowers

1. Such long and pretty petals. I have no idea what this flower may be. I just know that it is beautiful.

2. Jane Lurie says:

Pretty in purple. Lovely, Milka.

Beautiful captures!

As usual, I have no idea what they’re called, but they’re certainly pretty!

5. Tina Schell says:

Lovely indeed Milka, and one of my favorite places ;-). BTW your gravatar link seems broken, had to find you via google!

6. Bee Ang says:

Hi friend , this light purple flower is : Scientific name: Grewia occidentalis Commong name : Crossberry, Lavender Starflower

Wow, thank you very much for letting me know about the name of this flower. I find many beautiful flowers around here but so many of them are not labeled.