Today I’m participating in Floral Friday Fotos. You can click on each photo for a larger view. If you enjoy my photos, I encourage you to subscribe and receive updates when I post new photos, usually 3 to 5 times a week.

I was lucky enough to have the opportunity to photograph my first cherry blossoms earlier this week at the San Diego Japanese Friendship Garden in Balboa Park. This is prime season to enjoy the cherry blossoms in San Diego and I wanted to take advantage of them before they disappear for a whole year. I took a lot more photos than these few but I thought this would be a nice sample to start you with, using this Floral Friday theme. Happy Friday and happy first day of spring!

Cherry blossoms at the San Diego Japanese Friendship garden in Balboa Park

Cherry blossoms at the San Diego Japanese Friendship garden in Balboa Park

Floral Friday Fotos: my first cherry blossoms

Floral Friday Fotos: my first cherry blossoms

Close-up of pink cherry blossoms

Close-up of pink cherry blossoms

Close-up of pink cherry blossoms

Close-up of pink cherry blossoms

Beautiful pics to start my gray Ohio morning. 🙂

You’re welcome! By the way, I thought about you the other day while watching Michael Moore’s Capitalism: a love story. In it, there’s a funny video about Cleveland, trying to sell the many cultural and economic qualities of the city, and it lists the 3 times a year the city sees the sun. And you have to see how it ends. Pretty funny…

Beautiful capture of cherry blossoms!

Lovely blossoms!

4. Ese' s Voice says:

Really splendid shots, Milka, bringing the essence of spring along 🙂

Thank you! Spring has been in San Diego for several weeks already, but you only notice it in the cultivated gardens. The 4-year old drought has caused very few wildflowers to pop up this year.