This week’s Cee’s Fun Foto Challenge theme is texture. What a fun theme! Here’s a nice sample of different textures you can find in nature. Make sure you click on each image for a larger view.

I took this first photo yesterday while at the San Diego Zoo Safari Park. These very fluffy yellow blooms belong to a very tall tree that was just covered with them.

Cee's fun foto challenge - texture of yellow puffy blooms

Cee’s fun foto challenge – texture of yellow puffy blooms

I took the next photo at the San Diego Zoo Safari Park yesterday also. There have been a lot of baby elephants born there in the past few years. Even at a young age, elephants have quite a wrinkled skin, don’t they?

Cee's fun foto challenge - texture of elephant skin

Cee’s fun foto challenge – texture of elephant skin

Have you ever touched a sea jelly? That’s quite an interesting texture. Very… jelly like!

Cee's fun foto challenge - texture of sea jellies

Cee’s fun foto challenge – texture of sea jellies

How about a sea star? If you’ve ever touched one, you know if it feels as rough as sandpaper. I also love the color patterns on this specific sea star.

Cee's fun foto challenge - texture of a sea star

Cee’s fun foto challenge – texture of a sea star

My last pick for this theme is frost. Have you ever walked on frosted grass and realized how crisp it felt?

Cee's fun foto challenge - texture of frost on grass

Cee’s fun foto challenge – texture of frost on grass

1. adinparadise says:

Great texture photos, Milka. 🙂

I love looking at jellyfish. They’re so interesting. We finally went to the Cleveland Aquarium for the first time (it’s relatively new), and while they had some jellyfish, it wasn’t a great display. But their shark tank was nice.

Most aquariums display sea jellies in small tanks, I’m not sure why. I think they’re very nice to look at swimming, but everybody else thinks the same and sticks their heads in front of the glass.

3. janna hill says:

I enjoyed the photos. I agree the star fish are rough and we have a harmless jelly locals call a ‘cabbage head’ that feel s like soft silicone.

4. Cee Neuner says:

Great star fish!!! I love your jellyfish too! Great selection for textures!

5. kz says: