Today I’m participating in Floral Friday Fotos. Remember you can click on the photos below to see them in a larger format. If you enjoy my images, I encourage you to subscribe and receive updates when I post new photos, usually 3 to 5 times a week.

I LOVE wisteria blooms. How can you not like them? Their large, colorful purple blooms are a burst of laughter in the middle of spring. And you need to enjoy them as much as you can because wisteria blooms usually last about a month. The wisteria’s pea-like flowers disappear as fast as they appeared.

Here’s a series of beautiful wisteria blooms on a very large trellis. I decided to show you what the wisteria blooms look like as a group and then zoom in to have you enjoy a closer look. I’m thinking about making some photo paintings out of these colorful images. They seem perfect for that.

Did you know Wisteria is a very invasive plant? It’s easy to guess why when realize how fast it can grow in any direction.

Floral Friday Fotos: Wisteria blooms on a large trellis

Floral Friday Fotos: Wisteria blooms on a large trellis

The Wisteria vine is very thick and can reach significant heights with very little support.

Floral Friday Fotos: Wisteria blooms on wooden trellis

Floral Friday Fotos: Wisteria blooms on wooden trellis

Floral Friday Fotos: Wisteria in bloom

Floral Friday Fotos: Wisteria in bloom

Did you know both the wisteria flowers and the wisteria seeds (they grow in pods) are poisonous? Not a great plant to have around pets and children, unfortunately.

Cluster of wisteria blooms

Cluster of wisteria blooms

I think wisteria displays some of the most beautiful shades of purple in nature. Don’t you agree?

Cluster of wisteria flowers

Cluster of wisteria flowers

Beautiful! I love purple, and I agree, it’s especially lovely in nature.

I love this quote in the movie The Color Purple: “I think it pisses God off when you walk by the color purple in a field and don’t notice it.” Shug goes on explaining God just wants to share a good thing. Purple is my favorite color to spot in nature for sure, especially because it’s not that common.

2. Lily Mugford says:

I love it, I remember a wonderful carport covered in wisteria in an old home I lived in once. Brings back marvelous memories.

3. I love wisteria. We built a pagoda and I had planted blue wisteria before we had to move. It was just at the top, ready to cascade over. When I went by the house a couple of years later, the new owners had chopped down all the wisteria. I was so disappointed, but had to remind myself that just because I helped build & plant around that pagoda, it was no longer mine. 😦

Oh, that must be tough to see. I don’t know why people do that sometimes. I’ve seen people chop down beautiful trees, even though they offer shade that’s so precious here in Southern California.

4. Christian says:

Beautiful photos and nice flowers.

5. Happy blooms….radiant blooms….simply beautiful…thanks.

6. restlessjo says:

Absolutely love it, Milka. I always had the wisteria covered cottage image in my head when I was house hunting, but you’re right it does have disadvatages. I should be so lucky! 🙂

What’s interesting is, most invasive plants are really beautiful (wisteria, honeysuckle, bamboo, etc) but they can get out of control if you’re not careful, or even if you are. The worst is ivy, in my opinion.

7. char says:

Those are so amazing. I wish I had somewhere to put a wisteria arbor in my yard. Great pics!