Today I’m participating in Where’s My Backpack’s Travel Theme photo challenge. This week’s theme is “through”. Remember you can click on each photo for a larger view. If you like what you see, feel free to subscribe and receive nature photography updates a few times a week.

Let me take you on a tour through the forest, one of my favorite activities. Sometimes the trail going through is pretty narrow.

IMG_3947

And sometimes it is quite wide.

Travel theme: Through the forest

Travel theme: Through the forest

Pine trees have so many thick branches that it can be hard to see the blue sky through them.

Travel theme: the blue sky through the branches

Travel theme: the blue sky through the branches

Pine tree sap is see through, although it tends to reflect a lot of its surroundings too.

Travel theme: see through tree sap

Travel theme: see through tree sap

Sometimes when you hike in a park, a river runs through it.

Travel theme: a river runs through it

Travel theme: a river runs through it

All the way through.

Travel theme: a river runs through it

Travel theme: a river runs through it

Forests are full of plants and animals, including insects. Insect wings are usually see through, including the wings of this blue dragonfly.

Travel theme: see through wings of a dragonfly

Travel theme: see through wings of a dragonfly

1. DagEnDauw says:

Beautiful; the tears of the tree!

I really love that image looking up through the tree. Definitely calendar-worthy. (Then again, they all are!)

Thank you for the wonderful tour of the forest!

4. Good shots, Milka! The tree sap is great.

5. Catherine Johnson says:

Lovely as always!

6. Ese' s Voice says:

So peaceful with beauty of nature revealed in every single photo. The pine sap is my favourite among them all 🙂

7. char says:

I love those dragon fly wings. Was that hard to capture?

The hardest part is finding a dragonfly that actually sits still somewhere. Most of them fly around and never stop. Once they stop, they get a bit nervous when you try to approach them so they may fly away but I’ve noticed they often come back to the same spot a few minutes later. So, yes, it takes a lot of luck and a lot of patience. Bees are a lot easier to photograph because they collect nectar in the same area for a while.